Sunday, May 13, 2018

Tutorial for Off The Rails Scrapbooking

Good morning.

Today I want to share a tutorial I have created for Off The Rails Scrapbooking, that was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest.

I must admit it took a bit of doing because it entails cutting up a photo and I was worried that I might ruin it.

The layout is very simple and yet I just love how it turned out.

The photo was 7 1/2" tall x 7" wide

This is the layout.



I have used an embossed metallic paper, a glitter patterned paper and 2 sheets of black cardstock. For an embellishment I am re-puposing an old necklace.


I have cut my photo at 2" and 5" giving me 2 pieces at 2" wide and one (centre) piece 3" wide.

I could have cut it into even sized pieces but I didn't like where the cut fell in relation to Cindy's face.


Cut photo mats from black cardstock. 2 pieces at 2 1/4" x 7 3/4" and one at 3 1/4" by 7 3/4"


Attach the photos to the mats


Cut the silver embossed paper to 11 1/2" by 11 1/2" and attach it to a 12" by 12" piece of black cardstock.


Cut the patterned paper to 2 1/2" by 11 1/2" and attach to the layout 3" up from the bottom


Using your hot glue gun attach a piece of cardboard to the centre piece of your photo.


Attach your photo to the layout as show in the photo below, staggering the tops of the photo and slightly overlapping the bottom.

Attach the embellishment using the hot glue gun


Add your title and journalling and you are finished



I would love to see your take on this layout, so if you are brave enough to cut up a photo, and lets face it you can always get it re-printed, please share it with us here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment