Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tutorial for Tuesday Tools, Tips and Techniques over at Creative Inspiration's Forum

Hello paper crafting friends

Today I am over on Creative Inspiration's Forum showing Tools, Tips and Techniques.

I have chosen to share how to create a "star" card. When I posted the last one I made on Facebook there was quite a lot of interest in how it was made so I have decided to do a tutorial on it.


You will need some plain cardstock in the colour of your choice. I have made my card white on white but you can choose papers to suit your occasion.

At the end of the tutorial I will also share the original card I made using white cardstock for the base and patterned paper. You may prefer to go that way.

1. Cut you base cardstock to 6" x 5"



2. Score at 3" on the 6" edge



3. Cut from the centre scoreline to the outside bottom corner to both the left and the right





4. Fold large triangular piece in half along score line.



5. Cut another piece of white cardstock (or patterned paper if you choose) to 4.75" x 5.75"



6. Run it through your Big Shot (or similar) with an embossing folder

7. Cut at 2 7/8" on the 5.75" edge



8. Cut both pieces diagonally


This is what you should have now.


9. Ink the edges of the embossed card. (patterned paper)and attach to the card base leaving a small boarder around all edges. * See note at end of directions



10. Measure up 2" from the widest edge (bottom) on the diagonal section of the card



11. Draw a line 3/4" long straight down towards the base of the card, parallel to the fold



12. Fold the card closed and cut on this line through both sections of the card



13. Lay one of the single triangles on top of the other so you have a little "W" shape at the bottom. Glue these together



14. Attach embellishments.



15. Slip the decorated piece into the slits we have cut in the card base.



*NOTE: When you cut your embossed piece of cardstock in half to attach to your card you will notice that half of the pieces will be embossed and half will be debossed.
If you are using an all over patterned paper (like my second example) you will not notice any difference.
If you are using double sided paper you will have 2 sections in one pattern and 2 sections in the other pattern.
These variations can be interesting and look very nice.
This is the card I made using patterned paper



If you make one of these cards I would love you to share it on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100015018631903

Or in the comments here on my blog.

Looking forward to seeing what you make
Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - I've just found this card through Pinterest and wish to thank you for such clear intructions! Your cards are both beautiful! I'm about to try this design out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Ann. I have been trying to reply to your comment ever since you made it. Unfortunately I had problems with Blogger letting me do that. All sorted now I hope. Thank you for your comment and I am glad that you found the instructions clear and easy to follow. Would love to see your card when it is finished. Cheers Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely easy to understand tutorial. Thanks for sharing! My question is, how do you mail it? With instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cat. Posting it is a bit of a hassle but I would probably give it to someone that I can hand deliver it to and show them how to put it together. Your idea of including instructions is not a bad one though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying Julies! I couldn't tell if it folded up or what. I'll have to give it some thought.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment