Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Creative Inspiration January Sketch Challenge



Hi everyone.

Getting good here. Two posts in two days. Look at me go..........

I am sharing a layout I did as part of my DT activities for Creative Inspiration

This is my layout


and this is the sketch


24300926_10156021454916133_2510023805649


The layout is about my Grand-Daughter's first sewing attempt. She actually made a skirt and it was good enough for her to wear. She still has it and wears it occasionally.

Because the layout is about sewing I have done a lot of sewing on the page. The background started with a coat of Gesso then texture paste mixed with glitter through a Kaisercraft circle stencil.

When that was dry I took to the page with some blue water colour.

Next came some stamping with Archival Black Ink. I used a couple of different stamps for this.

Each of the patterned papers were stitched into place with my sewing machine. I have attached a piece of the material that she used to practice sewing on before starting her skirt, which was made of the same fabric.

The scribbly circle and the scalloped circle were cut on my Scan N Cut.
The scalloped circle was cut using plain white cardstock then stamped with the  "Stitched Circles"  stamp by Kaisercraft.

Why not pop over to Creative Inspiration and check out the work by the other DT members and give the sketch a go.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment