Monday, December 18, 2017

Joy Art Journal Page

An art journal page to celebrate the Christmas season.

The background is a collection of clothing tags attached with Gel Medium.  Some Glass Bead paste through TCW Mini Cubist stencil was then applied. The colour is Tim Holtz Distress Paints, in an assortment of greens and yellows. A light touch of stamping using Birgit Koopsen's Art Stamp, Life is Good finished it off.

I used my Faber Castelle Big Brush Markers to shade around the edges of the tags to give a bit of definition to them.

I have applied Texture Paste through a 13@rts circle stencil and when everything was dry I rubbed some Viva Inka Gold here and there.

The white dots are Viva Perl Pen.

The wooden ornaments were given a coat of Gesso before they were painted with Luminarte Silks and a gold acrylic paint for the metal rings that hold the ribbons. I then stamped on them with Stayzon black ink and the same stamp that I used in the background. They also got a rub over with the Inka Gold.

After I had attached the ribbon and the wooden baubles I once again used the Big Brush pens to shade around them.

I cut the title with a Kaisercraft Alphabet die, once in patterned paper and once in black and then attached them so they were slightly off set.  When they were dry they got a coat of Dimensional Magic.

A white gel pen was used to mark faux stitching around the edge of the page to finish it off.


This will be my last post before Christmas as we are going away soon and won't be back till after Christmas.

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and I hope to see you back here next year.

My plan is to learn how to make and publish youtube clips in the early part of next year so hopefully you will join me in that journey.

Till next time
Thanks for dropping by
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment