Thursday, October 26, 2017

Art Journal Page using Metals

Hi there,

I have been wanting to use some metals on an Art Journalling Page for a while now so decided the time had come.

This is what happened


For the background I used Gesso, Texture Paste with a woodgrain stencil, Gyprock (Dry Wall) tape and acrylic paints.

I then stamped with StayzOn black ink and 2 of the stamps in the Stampendous Marks stamp set by Nathalie Kalbach


I then attached all of the metals using Heavy Gel Medium and gave them a coat of Gesso. In hind sight I should have applied the Gesso before I attached them to the page but what the heck.

When everything was dry I coloured the metals with Silks. I also rubbed some Viva Inks Gold here and there on the background and on the metals as I have been itching to use that for a while too.



I used some watercolours to shade a bit behind the metals and some Gelato's to add some darkness to the outside edge of the page to frame it. A Black Texta pen was used to colour the butterflies body and the gems were attached with a hot glue gun.

I was reasonably happy with the page as they are colours I do not usually use so I wanted to try to stretch myself there.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment