Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Red Bloom Art Journal Page

Some time ago I did a heap of backgrounds, so I thought I would start on one of them and finish it off.
I saw a picture on Pinterest which was done with fabric but I thought I would do it with paper.

This my page

Art Journal, texture, embossing,Magicals, Colour Crush, flowers, metals, stamping



and this is the picture from Pinterest


The background started with a coat of Gesso then some texture paste through a stencil. I had a heap of little metal cog that I stuck on next with Gel Medium and then lots of cotton.

When that was all dry I used Tilby Colour Crush powders, pineapple, blood orange and wheat green sprinkled on then sprayed with water to colour the page.

Around the edge I have stamped with one of the stamps from Dylusions Further Round the Edges stamp set and Stayzon ink.

The flower is made from some canvas paper that has been coloured using Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals then cut into spikey shapes and stuck onto the background in a circular pattern. I then went over the edge of all the petals with my Faber-Castelle Big Brush marker in black to give it some definition.

The flower centre is two circles of cardstock embossed then sprayed with some Artiste Spritzing ink in Gold. Once again I went round the edge of these circles with my Big Brush marker.

I did try stamping some leaves from the same stamp set on the background but because it is so textured they did not turn out so well.

A scribbly line around the edge of the page with a Bic Mark It black pen and I have called it finished.

I probably should add a word or title of some kind but that might happen on another day.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie









2 comments:

Thank you for your comment