Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pink Butterfly Art Journal Page

I am working on this art Journal Page at the moment and seem to have got lost.
I will add a title but I am wondering what else I should do to it.
These are colours I don't normally work with.
I am happy with the progress so far but am open to any suggestions that may improve my page.

I used 3 pink/mauve acrylic paints on the background just wiped across the page with an old credit card. Texture paste through a stencil and some stamping followed. Wrapped some string around the page and secured it with staples. I painted the chipboard frame with acrylic paint and added some stamping and the butterfly was stamped onto white cardstock, painted with pearlescent water paints.

To me the frame and the butterfly get lost on the page and I need a way of making them stand out more. Perhaps I should have done them in different colours but I was sort of aiming for a monochromatic look.


Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment