Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Cards

I have been busy making Christmas cards.

They are all very simple and everything I have used is from my stash. I am trying desperately to reduce the amount of stuff I have got in my craft room.

Having said that it has been some time since I did any scrapbooking or cards making, I just seem to have lost the urge to do paper crafts. I am hoping my mojo will return soon. The fact that I was away for a month in New Zealand on a great holiday might also contribute to my lack of productivity.

I printed a sheet of christmas greetings and then cut them off as I needed to use them.

This first card uses simple layers that are all matted on gold paper



For this card I embossed the white card with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, cut the banner out using Die-Namics Party Banner Die and added a brad to each banner. I cut the trees out of a patterned paper and applied Glossy Accents  to the baubles. I mounted the greeting on a piece of cardstock the same colour as the card base.


I embossed a piece of white cardstock using another Cuttlebug embossing folder the I attached 3 transparent bauble stickers to it. I matted the greeting and attached to the decorated panel. I then attached  the panel to a white card base.


This is a simple bright shiny card I made for Charli. I have made assorted sized pennants from metallic cardstock, added a gold chipboard tree and a couple of metallic starts


Once again I have embossed the white cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I have layered a piece of red cardstock and the embossed cardstock and the greeting on gold paper. The Bauble with leaves is a sticker I stuck on some white cards and then fussy cut around before adding the brad and foam mounting it onto the panel. I then attached the panel to a white square card base.


This is a shaker card using a circle die to cut the bauble out of white cardstock. I then made the shaker section using gold angels as the fill. I attached the bakers twine and then a rectangle of gold cardstock for the top of the bauble. A piece of patterned paper with the mounted greeting was then attached to the bottom of the  shaker panel. The shaker panel was then attached to a red card base


This card was made with a Sizzix Embossing folder, a Memory box Snowflake Ornament die and a piece of ribbon wrapped around a piece of white cardstock. The Snowflake ornament was attached to a piece of red cardstock and then cut out. I applied Dimensional Magic over the whole bauble and as you can see the colour from the cardstock has run into the white. The greeting on this card is a Kaisercraft Rub-On


The santa face for this easel card is a stamp. I stamped it onto water colour paper, embossed it and then coloured it with my watercolour pencils. I then fussy cut it. The same for the greeting, I stamped it onto white cardstock and the heat embossed it with red embossing powder before cutting it out


To allow the card to stand up I attached with foam tape, a piece of white cardstock with red ribbon wrapped around it.


This card has a banner in the middle with a punch down each edge. I stuck the 2 layers together before cutting the fishtail in the banner. I cut a heart using Do Crafts Scalloped Hearts dieadded the christmas tree sticker and attached to the card with foam tape. The greeting was matted and attached with foam tape


A gatefold card with patterned paper attached to the 2 front panels. The top section was embossed with an embossing folder that came with a magazine I think. The star and greeting were added before it was matted on some co-ordinting cardstock and attached to the left hand panel of the card


I embossed a piece of white crd stock with the Cuttlebug dot embossing folder then layered a piece of patterned paper on to it. The trees are cut out of a piece of patterned papered the greeting was something I found in my stash. all of this was then mounted on a red card base


This card has a multi layered fishtail banner. The white cardstock was embossed using the Sizzix embossing folder. A piece of baker's twine and a bauble sticker were added to the banner. 3 buttons attached to the top right side of the card and the greeting is stamped with Stayz-On Ink


This card has two pieces of patterned paper matted onto red cardstock and a fussy cut patterned paper foam mounted on the smaller panel. the greeting is also matted and then foam mounted


I have also made a couple of birthday cards but have not taken photos of them yet so will be back with them another day.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment