Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I have finally got around to scrapping. I saw this great sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches and decided to play along.

This is the sketch



And this is my layout. I started with a white sheet of cardstock, sprayed it with some Glimmermist, applied some texture paste, that I had coloured yellow with some acrylic paint, through a TCW stencil. I used black Stayzon ink with a Kaisercraft numbers stamp and a Glitz curved chevron roller stamp next. I watered down some black and white acrylic paint and splattered that here and there. The chipboard chevrons are painted with acrylic paint and the 3 star cluster and the paper behind the photos was sprayed with Glimmermist and then I used Viva Pearl Pen in black to put a small dot of colour on the points. I have used black crystal on the centre of the stars and the banner. The banner was cut out using Spellbinders Nested Lacy Pennants die. The title was cut out on my Cricut using Mickey Mouse Font and Cuttin' Up cartridges.


Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is incredible, soglad you explained your process, i am still pretty new to the mixed media products so i appreciate the info / tips. Thanks for linking up with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment