Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ahhh Sunday. Very peaceful around here. It is Father's Day and Ray has gone out to Mallala for a track day on his Ducati, which leaves me to do exactly what I please. Tonight we are going to the Entertainment Centre to see The Beach Boys, really looking forward to that.

I had a great day yesterday, scrapped all day. Did a class in the morning using a mask and lots of texture, then had my class at Camelot in the afternoon which was fun.

Last night we went to a Legends Rock n Roll Club function in the Serbian Hall with the band The Lincolns.

On Tuesday we took Charli to have her ears pierced. She picked her own earings (pink of course) and cried her eyes out when they had finished. I had organised for two girls to be there to do both ears at once as I knew that if she had them done one at a time the second one would never get done. Anyway she has forgotten all that now and loves her pretty earings. She has been wearing her hair up all the time to show them off.

I have spent a heap of time on the internet watching the videos that make up week 1 of the She Has Three Hearts Workshop that I purchased from Christy Tomlinson and I still have not watched the whole 28 videos. There is just so much information in these videos that I know I am going to have to watch them all again to take more of it in. This workshop is great value and I am very happy with what I have seen so far. I have made a very timid start, I have bought a Sketch book, glued some of the pages together for extra stiffness and Gessoed 3 pages ready to start some playing. I could not help myself, yesterday I bought a heap of masks to use in these courses. That is what I am going to do when I have finished this post, art play.

We had our immunisations for our Cambodia/Vietnam holiday on Friday. Made my arm ache for a few days but seems to be pretty good today. We have got our Visas for Cambodia and the Visas for Vietnam have been processed, just waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Only 4 weeks to go. Will have to start thinking about summer clothes to take.

Here are a few holiday snaps to share

This one is of a working flour mill in Blair Athol (Scotland). They grind their own flour and then use it to bake goodies which they sell in their coffee shop. Very quaint.



What a beauty this lady was. Audrey Hepburn at Madam Tussaud's


Me on the London Eye, probably about half way up


Just lion around at the London Zoo.


This photo was taken from high up on the banks of the river in Bern looking down on this fantastic old building. It looks like a doll house but it was a full sized two storey house alongside a 5 story building right next to the bridge.


That's it for today. I'm off to do some playing

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment