Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hi there.

Today Anne and I caught the train into Zurich. We went to the tourist centre and booked a trip on the Bernina Express for 2 days on the 28th and 29th July. Then we went to see the Grosse Munster which is a church with a very high tower. The stained glass in the church was something to see and then we climbed the large amount of stairs to the top of the tower to see the view

This is a model of the church


This is the detail on the door. Made of wood and all detail hand carved into a 5" thick solid door


This is the view from the tower


The other thing I did today was to buy a cow. When I was here in 2009 I saw these cows all over the place. I thought about buying one then and didn't and have always thought I should have so when I saw them today I decided to buy one. They are about 30cm long and very colourful. They come in all sorts of designs and each one is designed by an artist selected to do so. The one I bought is called "Kick" and is very bright.

Till tomorrow
Thanks for dropping by
Don't forget to send me an email
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment