Monday, January 23, 2012

A very busy weekend here. Friday night we went to the Legends Rock n Roll Club's new premises at Hectorville. It is a fair hike from here but we thought we would go and have a look. The hall is nice, a little on the small side but that will probably be alright. The floor was good. The band was a band we had not heard before called Dead Lucky and I enjoyed them.

Saturday we went to the Tanunda Hot Rod Show and Street Party. It was very hot and unpleasant while the sun was up but later in the afternoon/evening when it cooled down it was very pleasant. The band playing on the hotel footpath was The Silverados, I like listening to them even though they do not play many numbers that we like to dance to. Our next door neighbour was having a party to celebrate a 50th birthday so when we got home we went to that for a while.

Sunday we were up early as it was Charli's 4th birthday party and we had told Cindy we would come around early and help her set up for it. Cindy organised for a fairy to come and entertain the children during the party and they all loved it. They had face painting, stories, treasure hunts and all sorts of fun.

The birthday girl with Fairy Sprinkles


The theme for the party was butterflies. A butterfly birthday cake. Iced by Dave


Butterfly cupcakes. Iced by Cindy.



The very happy birthday girl


Now to the photo a day challenge

Day 18 - Something you bought - My iMac computer. It is one of the best things I have bought for myself.


Day 19 - Sweet. These butterfly cakes are so sweet.


Day 20 Someone you love - This photo says it all.


Day 21 - Reflections - This photo of our garden at Hahndorf and similar photos cause me to reflect on my life and where it has taken me and wonder where the future will take my daughter and grand-daughter. I can only hope that life is as kind to them as it has been to me.


Day 22 - Your shoes. With the weather being so hot here in Adelaide over the last week the only sensible footwear is a pair of thongs.


Day 23 - Something Old. This silver jewellery box was a present from my paternal grandfather to my grandmother on their engagement. It sits on my dressing table.


A very long post and if you have made it this far, thank you for staying with me.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment