Monday, October 3, 2011

The new challenge is up at Black with Two. The criteria is black background with baby pink and aqua.
This is my layout. Charli just loves wearing fairy dresses at the moment so I thought I would do a layout about that. I have layered the background with the two colours of the challenge just to add a bit more dimension and I have stamped and clear embossed butterflies on the black background.  I have sprayed some lace fabric with glimmermist and gathered it up to put behind the photos. I also sprayed the lace at the bottom of the photo with the same glimmermist. I have gone crazy over the nestability and doily dies lately so I have used multiple dies to cut out the hearts, circles and doilies and layered them behind the photos. I made the flowers using an EK Success quilling punch. Then a bit of bling to the flowers and the heart. The text is wooden letters that I have painted with acrylic paint.





Hope your long weekend has been happy. We have been flat out. We had our fundraising event for Deaf CanDo on Saturday night so Saturday morning we were at the hall setting it up, Saturday afternoon I had my scrapbooking class at Camelot. We had a very productive and happy afternoon, I enjoy catching up with all the ladies. Saturday night of course off to the dance.

Sunday morning here in South Australia we had to put our clocks forward one hour for daylight savings, that made it 2:30 before we got to bed. We were up at 7am to drive to Palmer for the Palmer Street Party & Hot Rod Show. Four and a half hours sleep is just not enough for me so when we got home I had a nap and spent the night on the couch watching telly.

This morning I am back to feeling like a human being again. It is a beautiful day here. I have taken Daisy for a walk and really enjoyed it.

I made this card for a friends birthday. A gift voucher will be placed in the pocket that has been made on the inside. And I will make a tag to go in the pocket as well so that all our friends can sign the card. The flower on the front of the card was made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. It is my favourite flower at the moment



Hope you have got something enjoyable planned for what is left of the long weekend if you happen to be in South Australia.

Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment