Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lots have happened since my last post.

On friday we drove to Wentworth for the Rockin at the Junction festival.

The band for the weekend was the Party Cats and Ray was the DJ. There were functions on the Friday night and the Saturday night at the Wentworth Club and also on Saturday afternoon. So plenty of music, dancing and catching up with friends. Had a great time and they tell us it is going to happen again next year so keep the first weekend in August free for a great rock n roll weekend in Wentworth in 2012.

I have been a bit more energetic since we got home and have managed to complete my layout for the Black with 2 challenge. The criteria is black background with green and no flowers. I have sprayed the background with Black Magic glimmermist using a Prima mask. I have stamped and heat embossed the black hearts on the plain green bazzil. the butterflies, title and hollow hearts have a coat of Dimensional Magic. The chipboard hearts and frame have been painted with black acrylic paint.


A close-up of the decoration in the top corner. the jewel was an earring I bought at an op shop and cut the back off of. The chipboard frame is from Imaginarium Designs



Now that I am feeling a bit more energetic I think I will start another layout tonight.

Looking forward to reading any comments you might like to leave me.
Till next time
Cheers
Julie


5 comments:

  1. love your take on this months BW2 Julie thanks for playing along with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I'm glad you have the close up pic to show the fabulous detail in your LO!
    Thanks for playing along with BW2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is a great take on the challenge.. love what you have done here.. and a fabulous idea about the earring.. looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous love the close up of the detail on the layout. Thanks for joining in the challenge at BW2. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of beautiful elements here, love how striking the green looks against the black.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment