Thursday, May 26, 2011

We arrived in Cairns at about 2pm yesterday. Picked up our hire car and drove to Port Douglas. Unpacked and had a bit of a drive around Port Douglas. Went out for dinner and then came back to the unit and settled in for a good nights sleep.
This morning we got up at a very relaxed pace and then walked along 4 Mile Beach to Port Douglas town. This is one of my favourite beaches in the whole of Australia, great for walking on. The sun was shining, the temp is 27 and I got the beginnings of a tan. Ahhh heaven!!!. We have spent the whole day walking around checking out the various places that we might like to eat or shop at within the next few days.
Ray & Sharyn have gone over to the BBQ area to cook the meat for tea and we plan on having a very relaxed night.
Unfortunately I did not take my camera with me today so I don't have any photo's to share but I will definitely take it with me tomorrow so I will have photos for my next post.
Have finished reading The Associate and have started The Last Juror both by John Grisham. The real pleasures of a holiday.

Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment