Friday, April 29, 2011

Last night I actually made some progress with my mini album. I have completed the front and back of one page. I have decided to go with a different theme for each double open page. The page I have started with has hearts on one side and butterflies on the other.


This is the heart page closed up, as it would appear when you turn the page to first see it. The hearts are stamped on and then heat embossed with gold

When you untie the ribbon and open the folded card you get this. Room for 5 photos, journalling etc


These panels are pretty simple just boarder punched with one of the Martha Stewart punches, and inked.

The back of the page has the butterfly theme. A diagonal pocket holds three tags for photos, journalling etc


A look at the tags
and the backs
The pink tags have just been stamped with the butterfly stamp using the Clear Versamak ink. The gold butterflies are heat embossed and the black butterfly was cut out of the pink tag using the Big Shot and then backed with black card.

The main butterfly is double layered, all three were cut out with the Big Shot and then embossed.
And look at those beautiful holes put there by my Cinch. I must admit I had to do the page twice because when I punched the holes in the original page I forgot to pull the correct peg out and got half a hole at the top of the page. I was tempted to leave it but I knew it would annoy me every time I saw it so I did it again.

Love to hear any comments you would like to leave
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment